Choosing a personal computer and components
You have decided to purchase a personal computer system for personal use. You want to be able to do the following tasks on the computer.
– Write family correspondence
– Maintain an online checking account
– Maintain a holiday card list with addresses
– Work from home on office computer files
– Send emails
– Get information on a selected topic, such as the difference between aspirin, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen
Given these computer needs:
1. What major computer components would you consider in your purchase of a personal computer? Explain.
2. You need internet access. Explain wi-fi versus hardwire for access.
3. What type of storage would you need for backup and why? Compare CD, DVD, USB drives.
4. What media would you backup data stored on your local drive?
5. Why is off-site storage important to protect your data?
6. Advantages and disadvantages of flash-drive, disk-less PC’s?
7. What operating system would you select, and why? and what office application would you select, and why?