Consumer Influence on Pricing Strategy
1. What are examples of fixed price policies, i.e., using menu-based prices, and what effect do they have on buyers and their perceptions of value?
Importance of Costs
2. Explain (utilizing specific examples) the relationship of costs and sales volume as it affects profitability.
Break Even Analysis
3. Provide example of a company initiating a reactive price change when confronted with a competitorâ??s price change that would impact the formers sales unless it responded.
Sustainable Competitive Advantages
4. Some products and services are widely perceived as commodities. Still some companies build sustainable product advantages for even those products. How do they do it? Cite at least two examples from your own experiences.
Pricing and the Product Life Cycle
5. In each stage of a product’s life cycle different pricing strategies are utilized. Please choose an example of a product or service representing pricing strategies in each stage of the product life cycle. Please be specific in your response.
6. In designing a trade-off analysis study for a new washing machine, what factors would you want to evaluate?