Frauds Depicted in the Film ‘Catch Me If You Can’
Rent or buy and watch the movie Catch Me If You Can, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks.
Your goal is to write a paper regarding the fraud depicted in the movie. Your paper should discuss one to three specific fraudulent activities illustrated in the movie. For each of your examples of fraud from the movie, your discussion should focus on:
1. What specific type of fraud was committed?
2. How did he get away with it?
3. What was and could have been done to prevent the fraud?
4. What was and could have been done to detect the fraud?
5. How was the investigation handled and how might it have been handled differently?
6. How could he have avoided being caught?
7. What modern methods now exist to prevent the specific fraud?
8. Can this fraud still be successful? How?
9. What ever happened to Mr. Abagnale Jr.?
Your paper is intended as a platform for you to display your knowledge of fraudulent activity and examination. It should include very specific concepts and ideas we have covered during the course. Remember that this is a graduate-level paper and should be of that quality.
Your paper should be a minimum of 10 pages, double-spaced with one-inch margins and 12 point Arial or Times New Roman font. Your paper should only exceed 25 pages (excluding title page, table of contents, references, etc.) if it is truly concise and extraordinary in its content. You will be graded for content, structure, grammar and punctuation, and overall quality. Refer to the 1) Hodges Harbrace Handbook by Glenn and Gray and 2) A Manual for Writers by Turabian, et al., for assistance in constructing the mechanics of your paper. The use of headings and subheadings is encouraged, but should not be used to “fill up space” in meeting minimum requirements for the project. The discussion points suggested above should provide plenty of opportunity for content.