Information Systems for Strategic Planning
Just need a little more knowledge and information (lecture notes) on Information Systems Strategic Planning.
1. What are the reasons that IS strategic plan is physically, technically and philosophically dynamic?
2. Define hyper-competition. How has it become an exhausting treadmill for information system organization? How does it challenge conventional strategic thinking to renew itself?
3. What characteristics identify with the era called the information age?
4. What is the relationship between data warehousing and strategic thinking? How does data warehousing allow the organizations to compete?
5. How could one strategically plan and implement an ecommerce venture?
7. Why creating an internal marketplace is a desirable structure?
8. What are some of the problems associated with macro and micro deign that is important in strategic planning>
9. What is the importance of alignment? Why must alignment walk a delicate balance between “maximizing current uniformity while not squashing the diversity required to seed tomorrow’s adaptability?
10. What are several reasons administration is the most important capability of an organization? Why will it interfere with the strategic planning process?
11. What is the role and importance of Dynamics Issues Management? Should it be included in the strategic planning process?