Probability, Permautations, Combinations
1. 35% of a store’s computers come from factory A and the remainder come from factory B.2% of computers from factory A are defective while 1% of computers from factory B are defective. If one of the store’s computers is selected at random, what is the probability that it is not defective and from factory A?
2. Two stores sell a certain product. Store A has 35% of the sales, 3% of which are of defective items, and store B has 65% of the sales, 2% of which are of defective items. The difference in defective rates is due to different levels of pre-sale checking of the product. A person receives a defective item of this product as a gift. What is the probability it came from store B?
3. A person ordering a certain model of car can choose any of 6 colors, either manual or automatic transmission, and any of 7 audio systems. How many ways are there to order this model of car?
4. A baseball manager has 12 players of the same ability. How many 9 player starting lineups can he create?
5. How many distinguishable permutations of letters are possible in the word? COMMITTEE