Question About ER Diagram
The State and Capital relations, shown in the attached figure are described as follows:
– State (StateAbbrev, StateName, EnteredUnionOrder, StateBird, StatePopulation)
– Capital (Capital Name, State Abbrev, YearDesignated, PhoneAreaCode, CapitalPopulation)
– Foreign key: StateAbbrev to State relation
– Add the attribute CountyName for the county or counties containing the state capital to this database.
– Justify where you placed it (that is, in an existing relation or in a new one).
– Draw the entity-relationship diagram for all of the entities using the AutoShapes in Microsoft Word.
Note: The counties for the state capitals shown in the figure above are Travis and Williamson counties for Austin TX; Hartford county for Hartford CT; Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham counties for Lansing, MI; Davidson county for Nashville TN; Hughes county for Pierre SD.