Social Problems in Society: Poverty
Select a social problem to define, describe the scope and consequences of the problem, and assess society’s responses to the problem (including public policies and other less formal responses).
– What is the social problem?
– Why does this problem qualify as a “social problem”?
– What are the individual and social implications of this problem? Discussion of implications should be supported by accurate research data.
– What do the experts say about the problem?
– What have we, as a society, done about this problem? Again, consider public policies and other less formal responses.
– How is this working?
– Describe an alternative.
– Discuss why the alternative is, or can be, an effective response to the problem. Remember to consider negative consequences of the alternative response.