Stereotypes and Prejudice: Identification & Definition
Associate Program Material
Stereotypes and Prejudice Worksheet
Please complete the following exercises, remembering that you are in an academic setting and should remain unbiased, considerate, and professional when completing this worksheet.
Select three of the identity categories below and name or describe at least 3 related stereotypes for each:
– Sexual orientation
Category Stereotype 1 Stereotype 2 Stereotype 3
Answer each question in 50 to 100 words related to those stereotypes. Provide citations for all the sources you use.
– What are the positive aspects of stereotypes, if any?
– What are the negative aspects of stereotypes?
Answer each question in 50 to 150 words related to those stereotypes. Provide citations for all the sources you use.
– Define stereotypes and prejudice. What is the difference between stereotyping and prejudice? Use examples to illustrate the differences.
– What is the relationship between stereotyping and prejudice?
– What can be done to prevent prejudice from occurring?