Welch Rental Agency: Prepare Adjusting Entries
The ledger of Welch Rental Agency Inc. on March 31 of the current year includes the following selected accounts before adjusting entries have been prepared.
Prepaid Insurance $ 3,600
Depreciation?Equipment $ 8,400
Notes Payable 20,000
Unearned Rent 12,000
Rent Revenue 60,000
Interest Expense -0-
Wages Expense 14,000
An analysis of the accounts shows the following.
1. The equipment depreciates $300 per month.
2. One-third of the unearned rent was earned during the quarter.
3. Interest of $500 is accrued on the notes payable.
4. Supplies on hand total $1,100.
5. Insurance expires at the rate of $200 per month.
Prepare the adjusting entries at March 31, assuming that adjusting entries are made quarterly.
Additional accounts are: Depreciation Expense, Insurance Expense, Interest Payable, and Supplies Expense.